1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 29, 2011.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That may mean Mike Kafka gets hurt as well

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just heard that of the $40M guaranteed to Vick, with the bankruptcy creditors still holding claims, Vick gets $12M. Still great $$ but damn the creditors are happy now.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The pressure will get to Vick before season's end.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd think a lot of the pressure would be gone now that the debtors will go away...

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The debtors will leave and the parasites that made up Vick's life before prison will return, like fleas on a d-.. Oh, never mind.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Good almost-pun.

But I can't see that happening for the simple fact that they are convicted felons and he is thus legally barred from associating with them, and I'm sure the league's security detail has many security provisions geared toward that very issue. Once he's done with football, maybe, but I think he has in effect his own private parole officers watching him every day.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I believe Vick owes creditors, including the Falcons, $18 million. He is on a payment schedule that is supposed to pay everybody off by 2014. I think the court could move that up.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ask Tim Tebow

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lets break Vick down, baseball style.

He's 25-13 (57% completion 31 TDs 17 INTs) as a starter in games played in September and October and he's 16-17 (52.5% completion 34 TDs 31 INTs) is games started in December and January. 2 playoff wins in 8 years. He's truly Mr. October

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Falcons played the Bears in Chicago late in the 2005 season and Vick looked like he would rather be anywhere (including prison) but shivering on the Soldier Field sideline after getting chased down by Urlacher all night. I don't think he enjoys playing in cold weather, (Cue up the genius who screams "playoff game in Lambeau Field") and I wonder if that, plus the hits that inevitably build up over the season make it difficult for him to play well late in the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted