1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please keep it in a pm to a mod.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Unless it's all a big conspiracy aimed at taking down Vick, right? Hopefully Art Bell will get to the bottom of this.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If its true, this is the only thing Blank/McKay/Vick could have done. It would have been a PR nightmare to see him dress out even for practice, let alone a game.

Sidenote: I will be at Flowery Branch Thursday covering the Vick reaction by fans ... and, oh yeah, the opening of training camp. Will I see any other posters there?

4. boots

boots New Member

There will always be a conspiracy theorist around but I think this will help Vick concentrate on staying out of jail.

5. boots

boots New Member

Believe it or not, I was thinking about going to D.C. for an extended weekend but might just go the extra 100 miles to Richmond for fun.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I do not know the details of the leave of absence (LOA). I just caught this on the radio and no details have been provided yet

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who's he to say whether he goes to jail or not?

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Source of the LOA information = "A high ranking league official"

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Gosh, boots, by now most everybody here knows I'm simple. A hayseed, in fact, and prone to error. Hell, I can't tell spnited from spirited.

I was just trying to figure out whether you would align yourself with the philosphy of Edmund Burke or John Stewart Mill. I was thinking you are more on the Jeremy Bentham side of the coin, and your statement that "I just know what I feel" kind of kicked the pins out from under me. Hence my conclusion that you're enigmatic. Isn't that what you want?

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

LOV?

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ha ha. Thanks. LOA :)

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

"Leave of Vick"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.