1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Excuse me while I stand up and applaud. [/mikeshannon]

2. boots

boots New Member

I don't think yhe's got too much of an option. He can cut him but the salary goes against the cap. So basically, either way, the Falcons are penalized.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What sense would it make to cut him right now, boots?

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Say boots, I have a question. Where on the political spectrum, between Yawn and JR, do you fall? I'm trying to understand the base you're working from, because once in a while a post of yours will seem just a wee bit in conflict with an earlier post.

5. boots

boots New Member

I don't know what you mean.

6. KYSportsWriter

C'mon Jacky, you should know our beloved Stoob has no fucking clue what you're talking about...

7. KYSportsWriter

Jacky is asking what side of the political spectrum you stand on. Are you Repub or Dem? That's it.

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Well, take myself. I'm left of Yawn and right of JR. Moving inward, I'm left of Old Tony and right of Fenian. I'm probably left of Idaho, but it's no more than a quarter inch. That's the base I'm working from, and I have over 500 posts now that most likely reflect that viewpoint.

You, boots, on the other hand...let's just say you're hard to pin down. I'm not asking you to give up any secrets; I just want to read your posts with some additional insight. It's a failing of mine, that I'm easily confused.

Oh, and it need not be Republican or Democrat. I'm an Independent, myself, and I voted for people of both parties in the last election.

9. KYSportsWriter

I'm trying not to confuse the young lad anymore...:D

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Vick is being set up!?! Seriously!?!

Yes, the FBI planted the drugs on his cousin, which allowed them to illegally get a search warrant for a house owned by Vick. Then, the dastardly FBI found a yard full of happy, well-adjusted family pets but replaced them with trained fighting dogs chained to buried car axles. To top it off, the FBI had already planned so far in advance that the decomposing bodies of some other pit bulls were buried on Vick's property in the middle of the night so they'd be "discovered."

11. boots

boots New Member

What difference does my political affliation have to do with anything? No one in Washington, in my opinion, represents my views.
    I don't know who is to the left or to the right. I just know what I feel and I feel that while it appears this man's career is over, I'm not rushing to judgment. I want to see and hear all of the facts.
    But it doesn't look good, if you believe the propoganda that's coming out.

12. KYSportsWriter

Well duh, Inky. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.