1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mmac

Mmac Guest

OK, I'll bite. Who is he and what is it about him that would make someone want to set him up?

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

And do you think the Feds would be in on it? Like they've got better things to do to than set up a glaringly inconsistent quarterback?

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

But it's not his fault he's inconsistent. It's his offensive line, his receivers, his running backs, his defense, his agent, anyone but him.

4. boots

boots New Member

Stop the madness.
    I am not defending Mike Vick. He is his own man. If he is guilty, thenm he should pay. I'm just saying don't rush to judgment. Remember Don King? Remember Duke lacrosse?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Madness? What madness are you reading?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

boots you have less support than Michael Vick

7. boots

boots New Member

ok, and your point?

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Mortensen was just on ESPN, suggested that Blank is not warm to the idea of an unpaid leave of absence for Vick.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Did you mean unpaid or paid, Beaker?
    I would think Blank would not want to grant him a PAID leave, would prefer not to pay him.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Whoops, duh, meant paid. My bad.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I want to hear more about the newsy neighbor from Newport News.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If it's an unpaid leave, the NFLPA (and Vick's own lawyers) immediately jumps into the fray claiming the NFL and the Falcons have no authority to suspend him before a conviction.

If it's paid, the argument that he's suffering monetary damages is somewhat defused. Of course, he would lose virtually all of any incentive clauses which may be in his contract, but those are speculative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.