1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

This is a very important topic. If you can't be civil or state your feelings without name calling, please stay away.

2. boots

boots New Member

With all the protesting going on outside of Falcon's camp, Thursday will be an ugly day in Richmond. Don't think for one second that Vick supporters, and there are many, won't make the trek from Newport News to back him.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Here we go again...

Hopefully this one stays more civil than the other two Vick threads did.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I wouldn't assume that people in Newport News are backing him. I understand that support for him there had diminished as well.

5. boots

boots New Member

I wouldn't say that. People there are just as polarized on this subject as everywhere else.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey boots fuck you. You're the one who wrecks most of these threads with your BS
    For you now to start this thread is completly disingenoius.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

8. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Nicely played. Well done, sir.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And we're off...

10. Mmac

Mmac Guest

I didn't wanna say it, but yeah, for the same guy who wrecked the 1st 2 Vick threads to be the one admonishing us to be civil this time is tough to stomach. The Vick issue is huge, it needs an intelligent thread here, but I suspect this one's doomed too just because of the disingenous way it was created.

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I don't think people are that polarized on the issue. There was an online poll in Newport News, Va., that found that 74% of people think he will be suspended. There have been very few people rushing to defend him. This is a serious deal -- people love dogs.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, this should be fun.

Twice in one day I'm agreeing with boots. It scares me.

I agree with the post on the last thread putting the blame squarely on Vick for his own behavior. Blaming the parents is a cop-out. This idea that he needs to be taught how not to savagely abuse an animal is ridiculous. If you don't know it is wrong to hurt animals like that...if it doesn't sink in when you hear them cry and see them bleed....something is seriously fucked up inside your head.

I also agree that this topic is too important to drop. And yes, I am well aware of how ironically funny and ridiculous part of the first post on this thread was. I'm just hoping we can move past that and keep it civil.

Edit: Wow, there goes the bullshit already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.