1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick thread -- Decision Day?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I love puppies!, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: New Michael Vick thread (no butt references edition)

I figure it might be a pro athlete thing, which would cross all races.

2. boots

boots New Member

The messages in country videos are different than those from rap hip hop or pop.
    Nevertheeless, Vick may be the most prominent name now but don't believe that he's not the only high roller who may have been involved in dog fighting.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Are you friends with Mike Vick? What is your personal level of involvement in his life that it makes you care?

I'm hoping that Mike Vick is the world wide leader in dog fighting. It would be nice if the Feds finally caught the Capo di tutti capo of Canine Concentration Camps.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What is sad about the rap and hip hop statement is that one member of the community is making a few bucks but taking the rest of the community down at the same time.

I agree with you 100 percent about Vick not being the biggest player, and I agree that bigger names may come out of it.

I also feel we are going to see teachers, judges, district attorneys, pastors and other members of society that you would not associate with such amazing violence.

5. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I hate dogs. Only Nasty people kiss them in the mouth

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not a lawyer and am therefore asking a question here: If you plead guilty to multiple felonies in federal court, doesn't your allocution have to be a matter of public record? How can it be sealed? Are such agreements really made?

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

[​IMG]

Word to your mother.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

vis-a-vis swiss bank accounts ... The fines they're talking about are negligible in comparison with Vick's income. I was thinking more in terms of him having something to live on afterward. One would think he wouldn't be stupid enough to have squandered all he's made, particularly considering that his salary with the Falcons is likely not much more than 50 percent of his total income. Then again, he was stupid enough to get in this mess. Who knows how much of his money he's blown?

9. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

He can always get a trash bag full of cash from Pacman or maybe a cut of his wrestling take.
    Frankly, I think it would be fitting if Vick were left penniless and were reduced to eating - you guessed it - dog food.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not Iams either. We're talking the cheap canned stuff from Dollar General that homeless people eat ...

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Our jersey for Sept. long ...

[​IMG]

12. Flash

Flash Guest

By the way, the fine print on the logo says 'We're betting on your dog's success.'

Draft saved Draft deleted