1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick thread -- Decision Day?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I love puppies!, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Re: New Michael Vick thread (no butt references edition)

The latest from the AJC:

"Michael Vick's attorneys are engaged in plea negotiations with federal prosecutors and the Falcons quarterback could reach an agreement before new dogfighting charges are handed down next week, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations...

He added that Vick did not meet with his attorneys last night but said they will have a conference call with Vick this morning and may have an announcement this afternoon. Spencer did not indicate what the announcement would be."

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Re: New Michael Vick thread (no butt references edition)

My ball team for Sept. long weekend is to be called Ron Mexico's Dog Training Academy.

3. boots

boots New Member

I believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The same goes with Mike Vick. I'm hoping that he'll come through this but it doesn't look good at all.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If the Feds have offered Vick a deal, it's because they want him to help bring down some other heavyweights in the dogfighting world. Not necessarily other pro athletes, but the guys you've never heard of who drop $10,000 on a puppy from a champion bloodline and regularly but down $25,000 bets on fights.

5. boots

boots New Member

I agree with you 110 percent. And some of those names will be surprising.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Boots, I hate to say it, but if you said Portis, Spreewell, Iverson, Usher, 50 Cent and Arrington for example would be named that would not suprise me. I'm being honest, and it is sad that hearing these names would not phase some people.

That said, if Elway, Stockton, George Clooney, Bill Clinton, Tina Fey, Dave Matthews and David Spade were named, then I would be very, very surprised. I know that is sad, too, but it is also showing the division between the races and how it seems to be widening.

7. boots

boots New Member

Oh nothing would please the racists more than to see plenty of minority names on such a list.

8. 93Devil

You are correct, and that is why I hope there is not.

All of this dogfighting mess is coming from withen the ranks of the African Americans. I think Whitlock has covered this ground already.

9. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Anyone see Mike Silver's first piece on Yahoo sports?

Opening with a meandering Mike Vick opinion almost lost my interest, but he finished well.

10. boots

boots New Member

Contrary to popular opinion, pit bulls aren't the dog of choice for minorites. It's just another stereotype that will undoubtedly grow if more minorities are found to be involved in this mess.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How broad a brush do you want to use there?

Dogfighting's popularity crosses all color and class lines.

12. 93Devil

I hope you are correct. I just do not see it in country western videos. I could see skin heads doing it though.

I just have a feeling that Vick does not know too many of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted