1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick shouldn't be leading the Eagles. He should be dead.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Dec 29, 2010.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5967015

At the risk of being political, Hannity seizes an Obama basher for THIS?? While I don't condone what Vick did, he has served his time. And Hannity comes off endorsing the thought that anyone who does their time is not worthy of a second chance. Which is probably what Hannity thinks of most working class people too.

As a conservative I have never been a Hannity fan and both of these idiots come off sounding stupid.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hannity didn't say it.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I guess this deserves its own thread but the topic is already up for discussion.
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/81181/

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

According to the article, it was Tucker Carlson, not Hannity. I was really REALLY hoping it was the blockhead college dropout but, alas, no dice.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

1,000,000 time that someone creates a thread based on an OUTRAGEOUS thing a dopey talk show or radio host says.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Yeah but there was the Hannity finds an Obama basher angle that would seem to link Hannity. And Hannity's a dog lover. I'd say he probably supports the notion.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Give an asshole a stage and he'll shine brightly.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That explains BYH. :D

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was an idiotic comment. I didn't think Obama's call to the Eagles owner thanking him for giving Vick a second chance was the brightest move either.

Vick has more than served his time. I love dogs as much as anybody but nobody has ever adequately explained to me why Vick served as much time as he did and Plaxico got as much time as he did and Donte Stallworth got a lesser sentence for killing someone while drunk. That's ridiculous.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And it wasn't me and it wasn't about Michael Savage.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The whole "controversy" is stupid. Vick wouldn't have a second chance if he was a third-team scrub. The Humane Society wouldn't have a poster boy to highlight the problem if he wasn't given a second chance and righties wouldn't have a topic to kill the dead air between the holidays. I heard one host expound on Ed Rendell's comment that the country has become a bunch of "wussies" because they cancelled a football game due to snow - liberals, gays and women were deemed responsible for the problem. I blame it on football ditching the leather helmets.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I blame soccer.

Draft saved Draft deleted