1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick Sentencing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 10, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But you were at least closer than me.

That number is just staggering when you consider how it was lost.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do white folks dog fight? I thought it was a black thing? see, The Wire. Cock fighting is for Mexicans[/Reggie White?]

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Those numbers really weren't hard to get. What I'm interested in (though it's questionable whether I have a right to know) is how much money he has left. Because I have to think that the decision maker who got into this mess likely wasn't an astute handler of money.

Wouldn't we all like to think that if we won $140 million in the lottery that we'd take better care of it? Because that's what Vick is. He's a lottery winner. And like most big jackpot lottery winners, he has apparently squandered it.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Pardon my French, but you're an asshole.

5. heyabbott

An American tragedy is kids that went to High School with Michael Vick couldn't play football and couldn't afford to go Va. Tech got shut out of higher education.

It's not a tragedy when a college educated millionare goes to prison for actually comitting crimes.

6. 93Devil

If Vick had a decent accountant, that $145 million should have turned into close to $250 million ten years after his retirement.

For example, let's say Vick starts a real estate company that gobbles up all the property in this low market so it can be rented. At worst, the money is holding it's own, tax free if it's not making a profit. Once the housing market recovers, he can sell the property for at least a 20-30% gain. All tax free.

Hell, if he drops 10 mil into a 5% bond, he will be paid back $500,000 per year before taxes.

We are just assuming that the money would have set still and not earned upon itself.

I know. I know. He probably would have just kept blowing it running Bad Newz Kennels.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Is that all in the fuck you care about? If he was still on the team, ATL would be 9-4? There is a reason why threads like this get locked up. Moddy, get ready to lock this up when I finish the following:

That is the most asinine, stupidest, motherfucking, dumbass, ignorant shit that was ever written this year, by far. We don't give a shit what those bandwagon Falcons fans want. He broke a fucking law. HELLO? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE LAWS THAT ARE ON THE LAWBOOK, MY MAN?????

He ain't no tragedy. He's a fuckup who had a chance to do right, and he chose not to take advantage of it. I'm sick and fucking tired of hearing this "poor Michael, free Michael," and the syncophants running around crying the race card.

If I drove drunk and hit someone, I don't expect anyone to be asking a judge to free me so that I can go back to my job and keep the company profitable. I don't expect anyone to be whining that The Man is keeping me down if I hit someone while driving drunk.

What the fuck is wrong with you enablers? Don't you see it? It's over. Stop coming up with excuses you sorry pieces of trash. It's over. Tell PETA to go the fuck away and not bother us. It's over.

For crying out loud...It's fucking over. Grow the fuck up and let him serve his time in jail. If this isn't a wake-up call for #7, he'll never learn from his mistakes as long as he is alive and got suck-ups who continue to perform fellatio even if he's caught red-handed stealing from a cookie jar.

Hallejuah, holy shit! Where's the Tyenol? [/Clark W. Griswold]

8. heyabbott

Find me a white guy who was in the same position as Vick who committed a similarly criminal and malignant act.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

look like chuck and bruh are drinking from the same trough. good work, chuck.

10. 93Devil

Not that he was worth two squirts of piss and found innocent, but Druckenmiller is a name that keeps popping into my head.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes, Druckenmiller is another name.
    And where did he play his college ball? Oh yeah. Virginia Tech.

Draft saved Draft deleted