1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick Sentencing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hey Vick. Merry Christmas in jail, bitch! Let this haunt your dreams!

I can't explain the psychedelia either.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The lawyers may not be as good as Orenthal's defense, but Orenthal's team didn't have to deal with a bunch of people working plea deals and turning evidence.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "double jeopardy" bullshit is just amazing, just another example of the fucking pansy-ass attitude with which scumbag lawyers have infected the general public, that no defendant can ever be truly guilty, that the "presumption of innocence" transcends all convictions, failed appeals and guilty pleas. The whole world now is Shawshank Prison, where everyone is always innocent.

Do you think Vick only took part in one dog fight in his life? The state prosecutors will focus on a specific incident not mentioned in the federal charges, thus no double jeopardy.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Took three pages for the above poster to join the thread? Wow.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Try $100 million lost. One of the NY papers - the Daily News I think - broke it down. Endorsements, what's left on his contract and more. It is a pile o' money.

I think the contract itself - 10 years, 130 million - had eight or so years to run.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Thanks.

That is a pile.

Was it all guaranteed? I know most NFL contracts are not (unless the Dolphins write them). So in all honesty, he probably would have never seen that eighth or seventh seasons.

Still. All that money.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Based on what this country hands out to murderers of people... fucking ridiculously long term.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

In two years, those teams won't be the ones with the abject QB situation.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Anyone wanna place bets on how long it takes upon his release for him to violate probation the first time? I'll say 6 months.

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

and yet, those evil, evil duke boys walk free after raping a...er, assaulting a...er, saying bad things to...er, being at the scene of...er, being evil, duke boys.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vick was given the keys to the bank and told that he can have everything inside the bank, so the dumb m_f burns the bank down.

12. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Well put. Judging by his actions and the few times I've seen him speak on TV, I'm starting to think maybe Vick is legitimately retarded. He really blew it, and has only his own stupidity to blame.

That said, I'll never understand the OUTRAGE against Vick from so many corners. People protesting outside the courthouse? Get a grip.

Draft saved Draft deleted