1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick Sentencing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

He will play again. Time will heal the public relation wounds. He'll serve his time; the league will state he's done his penance, and he'll be taking snaps in 2009. Where? Who knows. But, in looking at QBs playing in the league now, wouldn't he be an upgrade in Miami? In KC? San Fran?

My guess is it will be Baltimore. In the same region as where he grew up went to college; experience with a player with legal baggage (Ray Lewis), and in need of a QB. Kyle Boller, hold that position for a year if you would.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I would like to amend that post with the following: Leonard Little, Lawrence Phillips, etc.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Not reinstate him immediately, but ultimately he'll be back in the league. So, to respond to you, Yes fucking way.

If Leonard Little can kill a woman while driving drunk and have an effective career, so can a dog killer. No wonder why athletes are looked at as thugs in a general sense.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Somebody hit the send key a little too quickly ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Lester Munson was on the Tirico show a few minutes ago. Interesting. He said Vick was dressed in chain-gang garb, and it was very unsettling. Apparently, his lawyers had asked the judge to allow them to put Vick in a suit, and the judge refused.

6. I'm sure there are a whole bunch more.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Vick would be allowed to wear a suit in court today had he not decided to start his sentence a few weeks ago.

8. You do the crime, you look the part, plain and simple.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not so sure about that. It really sounded, from what Munson said, that the judge had a history of not cutting defendants any breaks whatsoever.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

[​IMG]

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hmmm. Falcons colors. Wonder if he requested that.

12. Which is why I'm surprised he was sentenced to only 23 months.

Draft saved Draft deleted