1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick out early?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Vick needs a debt counselor before he does anything else.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Michael Vick to the Cowboys.

1) Jerry Jones doesn't care about a player's background. Exhibit A: Adam Jones. Exhibit B: Terrell Owens.
    2) He still thinks he's playing fantasy football.
    3) Did any of you see the problems Dallas had with Tony Romo out? Is Michael Vick the answer? That's unknown. But we do know that the backups the Cowboys now have can't get the job done. All the more reason for Jerry to roll the dice on this move.

Disclaimer: I detest what Michael Vick did. I do not support him in any way, shape or form. But if the league has a place for Leonard Little or Adam Jones, Michael Vick will be given another chance.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Lest anyone think he's going to quietly re-enter the league, check out your local fanboi board since this story has broken. The animal activists are going to make sure they're heard -- again and again -- wherever he lands.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I don't blame the activists at all ... or anyone else who loves animals and can't stand what Michael Vick did.

But again, if Leonard Little can play in the NFL, Vick will be back, too.

5. Herbert Anchovy

They should be heard. What he did is no less deplorable.

Two or three years is a long time in the NFL, to say nothing of what kind of playing shape he's in.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Were was the PETA crowd protesting Little's return ... oh, that's right ... to them, animals count more than people.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3726426

8. That's just dumb, hondo.
    You going to rip MADD for not picketing Vick?

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Consider the source.

10. Herbert Anchovy

You aren't endorsing that column, are you?

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I"ve got the solution. When Vick gets out of prison, the first thing he should do is tape a series of PSAs decrying dogfighting. He should announce that if signed by another NFL team, he'll donate a percentage of his bonus to PETA and/or other charities. In return, PETA should urge its supporters to chill out when Vick joins his new team.
    Sounds like a fair compromise to me.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The hell with that.

People have had enough of maladjusted social misfits engaging in reprehensible disgusting behavior, then saying "gee I'm sorry" (more accurately, "gee I'm sorry I got caught") and expecting the slate to be wiped clean.

What society needs is for there to be dramatic social consequences, some of them irrevocable, for engaging in reprehensible behavior.

That carries the message, "if you're smart, you won't do this shit. Ever."

And PETA should absolutely stampede the gates with tens of thousands of picketers, all carrying signs of bloody wounded dogs, when and if Vick ever gets signed.

And yes, it's a goddamn travesty Leonard Little is playing in the league. He should be in the fucking slammer for life.

Draft saved Draft deleted