1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick critic forgets her dog is in the car, windows up ... and it's hot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, the SPCA is nowhere near as political as the more notorious PETA and does great work with pet placement and spay/neuter programs. Chalk this one up to tragic irony.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

There's a lot more to this story, based on some very good inside knowledge. Of course it's an accident, but it appears much of her story is fabricated. Her own people called this one in, and the other animal rights groups in the area are ecstatic at the prospect of her stepping down...for many reasons. She's done excellent work on behalf of animals, but she's done a lot of shitty things to humans, especially her employees. My guess is she'll step down quietly at some point in the next year.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

As I've continued to preach in here from day 1, it's to Michael Vick's benefit that PETA or these freaky animal lovers continue to speak out against him.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I laughed...

5. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

The best rule is to not put the dog in the car to begin with period. Dogs can't wear seat belts and don't have child seats. If accidents happen such as a crash, the dog could be paralyzed. Dogs are not meant to be in cars, especially in the summertime. Let the dogs rest and relax at home in cool surroundings. Sometimes humans feel the need to take dogs everywhere but come on, they don't know one place from the other.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Okay, this is kind of ridiculous, but actually...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's not right on so many levels.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Re: Michael Vick critic forgets her dog is in the car, windows up ... and it's h

What really pisses me off is when I see them in the back of pick-up trucks.

On the interstate.

See it all the time around here.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You beat me to it.

I'm guessing she is taking for crap inside the SPCA for not having the dog in one of these.

On a side note...

Last week Lil 93 and I are at the subdivision's pool, and I start talking it up with another couple. The dad says he is from Philly, and I asked him about the signing of Vick. He said he was not crazy about it, did they really need him, yada, yada, yada...

Well he also adds that his wife works at the Richmond (wait for it...) SPCA. She said she had to take down all the Eagles stuff in her office, and they also had to change a silent auction item they had offered as a fundraiser. It was a silent auction item for a block of tickets for the Redskins/Eagles game. They changed it to another game.

10. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Oh Good Lord. I cannot believe they make these items for dogs. If only dogs could talk, so they could tell us what idiots we can be sometimes. That's why they bark at us. LOL.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, were you saying something, Hacksaw?

[​IMG]

12. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

The dog in the car seat is pretty hilarious. My dogs live for the dog park, so I don't know how to get them there unless I put them in the car, maybe I'll have to get a couple of car seats.

The SPCA is quite different from PETA in that they actually do work that benefits animals. The think I'm most amazed by were the Civil Rights groups who staged the pro-Vick marches Thursday. Apparently, the new enemy of Civil Rights are animal lovers.

Draft saved Draft deleted