1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick critic forgets her dog is in the car, windows up ... and it's hot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. This is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a Swaggert and Craig type situation. You honestly can't see the difference?

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I don't believe I ever tried to say I was perfect. If I did, I was definitely wrong and I apologize for doing that or even for giving you the impression I was doing that.

Animal rights activists don't earn that label until and unless they do precisely that - - paint others as painfully imperfect and by comparison paint their behaviors as perfect. Sometimes they are correct in their activism; sometimes they are wrong. In a few instances, they are wing-nuts... I have no idea of Ms. Starr is all the way out on the "wing-nut" end of the spectrum but as an animal-rights activist, she is a true believer in her version of a "gospel". Good for her...

I don't expect you to believe anything I say - - if you also believe everthing that animal activists say.

At the same time, - and with only the greatest respect - don't expect me to believe everything animal activists say.

And please, don't try to minimize the warm glow I feel when I see how some of them can have such horrid outcomes from benignly intended behaviors...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're a sick fuck and I can only hope this is some kind of fucked-up performance art.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

BYH is actually understating this.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Game
    Set
    Match

6. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

While we are on the subject of Vick, is anyone watching this ESPN lovefest on this guy. The first 30 minutes of Sportscenter has been devoted to this numbnut and his bebut. Enough already.

7. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

Sorry, debut.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: Michael Vick critic forgets her dog is in the car, windows up ... and it's h

[​IMG]

"Do you know the penalty for animal cruelty in this state?"
    "No sir I don't."
    "Well, it's probably pretty stiff."

9. KG

KG Active Member

I think it's a terrible accident, and she shouldn't be ridiculed so harshly. My two dogs can both hear and see, but sometimes when I have them in the car with me, they are so quiet that I forget for a moment that they are there. Granted, when I stop they jump up and get excited, thinking they are going inside wherever I am, but if they were so old that they didn't feel like acting like little buffoons, there's a chance I could not remember them. The only reason I have the habit of looking around inside my car when I get out is because of the years when I was a nanny. I look out of habit to make sure the kids aren't in the car with me. But this could happen to anyone.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Uh, he put the dog in the car that morning. While she was getting ready. Where did you get it slept in the car overnight? That would make no sense.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Correct. When I posted that, it was based on a rough recollection from a very quick read through, I thought the husband had left the dog in the night before. Again, that was just idle speculation, wasn't claiming anything.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

"I gotta talk about a fucking dog dying!"

Draft saved Draft deleted