1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Strahan retiring?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 28, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

BULLSHIT. He wants more money. End of discussion.l

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Michael Strahan holding the Giants up for money? Not Michael Strahan! He's always been such a good guy.

4. boots

boots New Member

I agree. Also, according to his ex, he LOVES being around guys.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think he has a thing for dead presidents

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I pray the Giants call his bluff.

There's not a more overrated player in the game than Strahan. Squawks an awful lot for a guy who has "led" a bunch of teams with the collectively rigid spine of a jellyfish.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Maybe he misses Tiki.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

...or Tom Coughlin is being too hard on him.

Where's Dr. Ian Smith at. He should be comforting poor little whiny-ass Michael.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And the Giants are bringing in Simeon Rice for a physical and workout Tuesday or Wednesday .. kind of a "Fuck you, Michael" message

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

this type of stuff used to bother me as a fan but now I accept the fact that it's just business.

Strahan is trying to get some leverage to renegotiate. I think he did the right thing by not showing up. Say he was not 100 % yet or got hurt again. It would hurt is barganing position.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Amen. As spnited said, the Rice thing is a major eff-you to Michael Motormouth.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I love that they are calling his bluff. With the way his wife took him to the cleaners, there is no way his is calling it a career.

Draft saved Draft deleted