1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Silver's oral history of Tebowmania and feud with Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Feb 22, 2012.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

This is true, absolutely.

Because I cover an NFL team, I feel I have to follow Silver on Twitter. Even more unbearable than Jay Glazer's constant ultimate fighting bullshit is Silver's pathetic need to retweet every word of praise he gets from anybody. I can't believe nobody close to him has taken him aside and explained how this comes off.
    He does have talent, no question, but I've always wondered how he's going to work the "hip young dude who hangs out with the athletes" angle as he drifts into middle age.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He will simply need a new angle, a substitute -- some sort of hip replacement.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I hate to follow such an inspired line, but ...

Hey, Michael Silver is already outgrowing the "young" thing, no? Isn't he well into his 40s?

4. Why did Michael Silver write this in the first place? What does Tim Tebow or Brady Quinn have to do with Cal sports? Silver is the SI for Cal - right?

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Tremendous.

6. http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2012/02/traumatized-by-tebow-wrath-mike-silver-becomes-twitter-journalism-professor.html

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And his profile pic is a gladhand with Roger Goodell.

That's the state of NFL reporting right there.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This was a pretty pointless exercise. Nothing here is new except for the Quinn stuff. Three-months-old Chinese leftovers.

I'd thought Silver's best club was attack journalism, not "oral history" (if that's what you want to call this). His anti-Raiders agenda is notorious.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's Lin-appropriate.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wonton recklessness with the language too.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Unless it was egg drop.

Draft saved Draft deleted