1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Silver says Brady out for the year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 7, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jake will not play. He has no desire to come out of retirement and take a pounding. He'd rather play handball with his brother and smoke vast quantities of weed in the wilds of Idaho.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I waited until the fifth round to draft a quarterback. I also just picked up Matt Cassel.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Al Michaels just said Simms is coming to in for a visit and physical tomorrow.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I wonder if the football gods invoked some negative karma upon Belichick, Brady and the Pats. How many times last season did Belichick have Brady throw late in blowouts?

5. um, he wasn't throwing late in a blowout. it still was a scoreless game, in the first quarter.

if it were karma, he would've been whacked sometime last year.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

No, wwdm.

This year is the karma. First, the Pats had to fail in the Super Bowl and lose their unbeaten record. Now, he misses the year.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

Sounds like I need to pitch a story on Jake Plummer.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My point is that karma or the football gods or destiny or whatever you want to call it decided to hurt the Pats today for what they did last season (tape fiasco, throwing late in blowouts, etc...etc...).

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Can I come?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can we PLEASE, as presumably remotely intelligent people, never again refer to things like "football gods?"

Call it karma, call it destiny, call it whatever. "Football gods" is just retarded.

11. tape fiasco was in week 1. hell, it was in the FIRST QUARTER of week 1.

define a blowout, please. so they were throwing when they were up by three touchdowns... big friggin deal. jets once came back from about four touchdowns down in the fourth quarter against the dolphins...no lead is safe in the nfl.

some of you people are senseless haters.

amen.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Don't make the posting gods angry, IJAG. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted