1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Schumacher's private test session

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hacksaw2828, Jul 30, 2009.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't know if they would or not. Ferrari has a wing of the business that maintains old F1 cars for people to drive, so Michael got one from that fleet.

Toro Rosso operates on the cheap, so I'm not sure they would maintain an old car enough for Alguersauri to drive it. I assume he would have been allowed to, just as Michael was. The expense may also be a factor, particularly since they have no expectations for Alguersauri -- though they did do a straight line test with him. I don't know how those expenses would compare.

2. FIA is looking at whether Schumi's ride violated the test ban:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5466849,00.html

Apparently it's the GP2 slick tires that most concern them.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Ferrari is asking teams to allow it to skirt around the in-year testing ban, but not everyone is on board.
    Code:
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03082009/58/red-bull-join-williams-against-schumacher.html
    Personally I think it would be interesting to see how quickly Schumi could get up to pace race weekend without prior testing in this year's car. How much of a team player would Kimi be?

4. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Schumacher only reports minor neck pain after testing session. So if that's the case, he should be good to go. The man has suffered a broken leg in the past. Neck pain isn't going to faze him. This is a good deal for Spa too. A couple of years ago they were rumored to be off the circuit and now they are expecting 70,000 fans. Good for them. Great track.

Draft saved Draft deleted