1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Sam Reality Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 15, 2014.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Straight folks wear t-shirts, too.

can't fault the guy for trying to make as much as possible while possible. Maximizing his uniqueness in the market isn't restricted to just gay athletes.

2. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Sounds like a enterprising small businessman. Why do you hate small businesses, Boom? You were for the idea of Michael Sam before you were against it. /johnkerryd

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am for Michael Sam the football player. Took him at his word that
    he wants to be judged that way. Now seeing less and less evidence of
    that.

His best chance of making the Rams would be to come in work his
    ass off and stay below the radar. Starting a reality show and selling
    t shirts are not a good start.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I feel a bit bad for him in that I'm sure there are all kinds of people coming at him with "advice" that serves their own agenda and isn't what's actually best for him. And it's not like he's got a great parental support he can lean on. He better figure out who he should be listening to and quick.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm going to actively not look for things to read about him in training camp.

If he makes the team, that's well and good.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I think this is a huge problem he's facing, with his handlers deciding what message needs to go out. Gay/not gay, whatever, the very idea that the agents/PR people of a seventh-round draft pick are getting into pissing matches with the NFL over who knew what and when about this Oprah venture is mind-boggling.

It's been about a week since he was drafted. I wonder if Fisher would send another name in if he had it to do all over again with that pick.

7. jr/shotglass

Doubtful. I was told this was all about the football and had nothing to do with the shitshow.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I have to say, when the pick was made the cynical part of me thought maybe the Rams preferred the media spend the preseason focusing on gay pass-rushing Sam than straight pass-throwing Sam.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I was looking to buy a Greg Robinson T shirt but I can't
    seem to find his site.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He had to know that was coming when he made his statement. I suspect all of us have had moments when we wished we had just said nothing.

11. jr/shotglass

[​IMG]

;D

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

To be fair, pretty much every reality show is based on who someone is having, or has had sex, with.

Draft saved Draft deleted