1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Sam Reality Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 15, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Blackmail for the black male!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If Pete Rozell was still alive and commissioner, he would have loved this.

You can't buy this kind of PR, and Pete, who's initials were even PR, knew this as well as anyone.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Actually, his initials were AR.

Alvin Ray Rozelle. :D

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

and may their first child be a masculine child

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Does that mean he was a pirate?

ARR!

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Vito Cornholio.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

According to this report, he had the TV show deal in hand before the draft, but kept it quiet because he thought it might hurt his draft stock.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/15/michael-sam-documentary-st-louis-rams-oprah-network/?eref=sihp

I really liked this quote from the story, from the combine ...

Man, that guy can't get a break from everyone else focusing on his sexuality ::)

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Big difference between a reality show and a "documentary." If the OWN cameras only are allowed where the other cameras are during practice and perhaps Sam has a camera he spends two or three minutes recapping each day into before he goes to bed - I don't think it's much of an impact on the team.
    But he should ask Ochocinco how his reality show turned out. T.O.'s actually lasted three years?! And I wonder if the Bengals are cool with AJ McCarron's reality show, the Broncos didn't seem to have much of a problem with Eric Decker's show.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently, no coaches or players will be asked to participate and they will not be allowed to film on-site.

I wonder how they're planning on doing this. Do you film practices, have a reporter following him around and base everything off his daily testimonials?

I can't imagine any team being OK with any player having a reality show, but if the player is established is a little easier to take than a rookie, especially a late-round pick doing it. I didn't think McCarron had a show, but his fiancee did.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They should hire Matt Walsh the Ex Patriots video man. I'll bet he knows
    how to film a practice without access permission.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you've watched the Lohan doc, I predict it will tremendously boring. (Not exactly because Lohan is boring, but the show has a very "The Hills" vibe to it.)

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have not watched the Lohan show.

The Sam Reality series would have the potential to be great train wreck TV if they were granted all access. Obviously, they will not be.

Draft saved Draft deleted