1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Phelps' middle name is apparently Spicoli

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jan 31, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm just amazed it took until he got caught smoking weed for the vast majority of people to think Phelps was a douche.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The suggestion that he'd face a four-year ban for this by the NEWS of THE WORD(!) is pretty misleading, btw. Marijuana is only on WADA's list of "in-competition" banned narcotics.

It depends on who you ask, my friend.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Dude ... what?

[​IMG]

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Never said he wasn't a dumbass, given all he has riding on it.. although I still don't think it looks like him in the picture.. but, I still can't get excited about it. I don't care when ANYONE smokes pot, just don't.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Are you really arguing this after he said it's him?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i never thought for a second the king of douches smoked herb. hell, i hate him a little less, now.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Most people don't like Phelps because he forgot the golden rule.... PUFF, PUFF, PASS!

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Given that it's in Vancouver, those rights were snapped up many, many years ago.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

And then he asked Stu Nahan where he got his jacket.

Nahan, unfortunately, could not properly answer the question as he was unfamiliar with his program's end credits where it said "Stu Nahan's wardrobe is provided by Costco."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Ditto. The legalization movement gets a major boost. For the record, I don't smoke (weed) and never have.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The fact that it's not a front-on face shot helps a ton. If he was looking straight into a camera with a happy-pot-man grin, the backlash would be far worse.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I can't believe he apologized for smoking weed.

EDIT: I know why, but it isn't like he jumped in a car after a night of drinking....oh wait, I think he already did that.

Draft saved Draft deleted