1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moriarty rips L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

That article was incredibly incoherent.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Law and Order is still one of my favorite shows - despite its left-wing propaganda - but I have to say this, Cold Case, which I only recently started to watch, is fast becoming my favorite show of all time.

That is really well done, I think, and the best part is the music at the end when they make an arrest.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Moriarty was great on that show, good dynamics with Robinette, - but clearly Moriarty must have missed the episode a few weeks back where the ADA and one of the detectives said they were pro-life.
    And ripping a guy for being French. That's so pathetic.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The guy is French. It's not like he's going to fight back.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't make him taunt you a second time.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I always figured his character was named after J.J. Robinette, one of Canada's most distinguished legal authorities of the last sixty years. But then he wasn't black so what do I know? :)

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's sort of like my theory about, "Murder She Wrote".

I figure Jessica Fletcher was a serial killer who was constantly framing other people for her crimes. How else can you account for all the murders in small town Maine -- and wherever she was traveling on vacation?

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Did your Swedish friends turn you on to the Wallander novels of Henning Mankell? Truly great stuff. Interesting cases which illuminate the society in which they're set and a lead character that is honest, compelling and an indication of the personal cost of dealing with the dark side of humanity.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The only part that gets annoying, but is a crucial part of the show, is the ending with the ghost. My wife and I now do it whenever one of us leaves the place for the day, the slow-motion, looking-up, slow-blinking, wry smile slowly developing gaze that the survivors and cops see.

But I still love it, even though every story is completely tragic and the person dies in just the most heartwrenching fashion. Just saw the one based on the Memphis child murders from the 1990s, and in the show it's one of the dads who kills the three little boys. Or the one with the mentally challenged kid being told to stand on the train tracks. Basically, every show is a gut punch, but with a satisfied ghost at the end.

10. Small Town Guy

How about someone like Alex Cross from the James Patterson novels, or Lucas Davenport from the Prey books? Or Alex Delaware in the Kellerman books. Every guy's taken down about 25 serial killers.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What song do you do that to? Back On The Chain Gang? I Will Remember You? Whiter Shade Of Pale? Those Cold Case codas are so cheesy, which makes it all the more funny that you imitate it.

12. Small Town Guy

Buckley's Hallelujah (which is what played as the handicapped kid got drilled by a train). Very emotional as I go and get the mail.

Draft saved Draft deleted