1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moriarty rips L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

holy shit yes, micro

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

DVR'd a three-hour block of Season 1 episodes that TNT aired overnight. No Sam Waterston, no Jerry Orbach, no Epatha Merkerson ... weird, but tolerable.

But Paul Sorvino as a cop? I can't handle it. Not a critique of his acting ability, mind you. It's just that when I see Paul Sorvino, he should be chastising Henry Hill for getting into drugs or cooking four-course meals in prison, not busting perps.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bite your tongue, man!
    Sorvino was one of the better cops they've had. He was a huge improvement over George Dzundza, and sort of a proto-Lennie Briscoe. Sarretta had a lot of the same character traits as Briscoe (streetwise, experienced cop) but without a lot of the personal baggage. Sorvino and Noth had good chemistry, too.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Oooohh, that was one of my favorites from the first season, "Mushrooms". Kid goes up to air out somebody's crib and a baby is hanging from one of those bouncy things from the door.

Turns out he couldn't read and went to the wrong apartment.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sorvino has epic ego issues which make it tough to like him. I love
    Goodfellas, but it's a cartoon, more than anything else.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Didn't he leave L & O to pursue an opera career?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a cover story. I heard he hated working in the cold.
    One of the best things about LandO is that they shoot in New York in all kinds of weather, I could never get over how fake NYPD Blue was.

Draft saved Draft deleted