1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore's new documentary "Sicko" opens today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I really can't wait to go see this with all I've been reading about it.

2. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Michael Moore posted all the documents he based F911 on his website. Then, he used those documents to show his viewpoint.

BTW - quoting the dictionary is a favorite tactic of journalists?!!? who view Stewart Scott as their hero.

3. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

I get a laugh out of people who get bogged down in arguments about whether or not Moore's films are documentaries. For some reason it reminds me of Graham Chapman's character in "The Meaning of Life," when he goes on an anti-Catholic rant, boasting about his ability as a Protestant to be able to buy a condom and wear it, all the while missing the point that his wife wants to have sex. Instead, he keeps ranting.

See it. Don't see it. Call it what you want. It doesn't matter.

4. SuperSize Me. My bad.

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

McGurgles = brilliant.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Also, don't confuse fascist with facist. A facist is someone who thinks Rod Stewart and Ron Wood should have never left The Faces.

7. BBC Crown Jewels, VH1 Classic last night -- Faces, with the original lineup, from 1972.
    Tremendous.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It's sold out all afternoon where I am :(

I'll have to try again tomorrow.

9. Just4Fun

Just4Fun Guest

Saw it earlier today. Surely one of Moore's best. Theater was only partially filled, but I saw it at 1:30 p.m. at a matinee price.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wanted to go see it tonight, but it isn't here yet.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's only at the funky art house theater here, so I'll have to catch it on a day off. No matinees.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

This . . . . .

Doesn't change a thing about the foolishness of this:

But . . . . your StUArt Scott reference WAS cute. So you have that going for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted