1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore's new documentary "Sicko" opens today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jack....

If we clog 10 million people into the Mall, demanding the tectonic shift we need, it can get done.

The way the Brit described it in the movie, where the poor have been demoralized from the voting booths in America, is so right on.

We would have to achieve something that makes Live-Aid or the Million Man March look trivial by comparison.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Guilty as charged.

You got anything, you know, to actually offer, though?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Was that supposed to be an insult?

Oh, OK.

Sniffsniffsniff.... you hoit my feewings :(

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Finally saw it.

He's right.

I especially enjoyed -- though I know it will offend some -- how he tied for-profit health care to the overall culture of debt our leaders have encouraged for decades, now.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Saw it at the theater on the Fourth (as I did three years with F911). It rocked. The only problem is, Mrs. Terrier wants to pack up and move to France, and I tried to explain that Bush's boy just won the election and it might not be such a proletarian paradise when he gets done.
    But if the system doesn't change much...Eva Longoria didn't just get married this weekend. She guaranteed her future kids' well-being from cradle to grave, even if she and Tony don't make it.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Funny that one of the 9/11 people Moore helps in the film is named.....

Bill Maher

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

MM went ballistic on Wolf Blitzer and CNN tonight:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2i2dp_moore-on-cnn

Here's the piece that helped set him off:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/07/09/cnn-reality-check-that-got-michael-moore-fired-up/

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I haven't seen the movie yet, but now I want to. Nothing better than Moore calling Wolf out on air for the mainstream media being shitty about calling out the government over the war in Iraq and VP Cheney. Good stuff.
    I will give Wolf credit for attempting to continue with the interview, but he seemed to be shitting his pants at multiple points when Moore kept calling him out.

9. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Wow. I'd say that Moore rant may deserve its own thread, its really about CNN's bullshit much more than Sicko or health care.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed.
    He called Wolf to the carpet.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Meanwhile, Joe Scarborough and his little chihuahua are yapping that Sicko is totally illegitimate because Moore is fat.

He and Blitzer and dozens others certain DO owe on-air apologies to the U.S. public.

And they also shouldn't rip Moore for being fat if they never rip the president for being a dunce.

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Good stuff. REALLY good.

Draft saved Draft deleted