1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore is scum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Anyone that wants to go to the movies and watch a show about heath care needs to get out more.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Holy shit. You just waded into the "Michael Moore took them to Cuba to get better health care" pool. You didn't disappoint, my man.

Um, ok. Let's all head to Cuba, land of great health care! Viva La Fenian!

Cuba's extreme poverty at the hands of Castro's corruption and despotism has taught them that prevention is cheaper than cure. We can certainly learn something from that, even if Cuba is a small test tube compared to the U.S. I suppose 70 percent of Americans can learn to live on the equivalent of war-time rations, too. I suppose 10 percent of our population can also do without electricity.

But our infant mortality rate would be marginally lower, so it's all worth it. Is this Moore's (and your's too, apparently) point?

Of course, Ann Coulter has never dragged suffering, ill people, who got sick because of a national tragedy, on a self-serving trip to a country being run by a ruthless dictator, with no evidence that the trip will make those people healthier (although it can use them quite nicely for cheap publicity). I'm not a fan of Coulter's, but um, I'd have thought that's the one bad thing she HASN'T done.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you know damn well the left-wing nutjobs in Hollyweird will give an Oscar to anything that creates controversy. The same year Moore won his Oscar, the academy gave best song to Eminem (I like his music, I was just surprised to see Lose Yourself win)... and Roman Polanski got best director.

And ABC wonders where the ratings went. (That, and movies in general have declined, but that's a whooooole other topic..) :)

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ah, just because there may or may not have been some injustices doesn't excuse the next person from doing it. Just like Imus shouldn't get off the hook because some rappers call women Hos.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

The man is simply self-serving. If you happen to benefit by his lottery-like goodness, good for you. It wasn't for your fundmantal benefit. End of story.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Oh bullshit.

That article was built on a foundation of good, old-fashioned, blinding jingoism.

----------------
    Regardless, some ill 9/11 workers balked at Moore's idea.

"I would rather die in America than go to Cuba," said Joe Picurro, a Toms River, N.J., ironworker approached by the filmmaker via an e-mail that read, "Joe and Mike in Cuba."
    ----------------

Michael Moore is one of the greatest Americans alive for exposing ALL the crap he does.

You ain't gonna hear from it from Katie Couric.

Wingnuts, who put on a pretty decent smear campaign with no real fuel in the tank back when the film came out... those racist, xenophobic, misogynist motherfuckers really don't want to pop Fahrenheit 9/11 in the DVD player about now.

Looks like The Hunchback of Nostradamus (channeling the Sops).

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

dumbass

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Regardless, some ill 9/11 workers balked at Moore's idea.

Which gives America hope in the midst of left-wing spinstering.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Check. Your move.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If you're counting off, don't pass over yourself. He's right.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted