1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore is scum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good find there. Had completely forgotten about that.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

And I hope everyone who has had trouble with respiratory issues since 9/11 sues the hell out of the govt.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

There are over 8,000 lawsuits pending on the basis of respiratory issues alone. The fed/state/city governments, of course, want to cap their liability or get the cases tossed entirely. Maybe that's why Moore does what he's doing.

http://writ.lp.findlaw.com/sebok/20070410.html

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Moore just wants to use them to further his agenda, then throw them away.
    The guy getting stiffed is a prime example.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've heard anything about Michael Moore in at least three years. It seems like he became irrelevant after Farenheit 9-11 was discredited.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Discredited? Challenged, yes. But disproved by an impartial source? No, I think this is an overstatement. There is a huge difference between disputing statements and discrediting them.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Poor choice of words on my part, I'll agree. I happened to like the the movie, but it seemed like it ended up getting more people pissed off at Michael Moore than George W. Bush.
    It kind of backfired on Moore is what I'm trying to say.

8. When Ann Coulter takes anyone anywhere to try and get them better health caere, for whatever reason, you get back to me.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the movie isn't about Bush but the American health care system. It looks like he's going after big pharmacy, not Bush. It seems more akin to Roger and Me, when he went after the auto industry, or Bowling For Columbine when he went after gun manufacturers and the NRA.

10. Right you are,
    If Fredo, and St. Rudy, have guilty consciences over what happened to the Ground Zero workers, they've richly earned them.

11. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Dude, you've just summed up everyone under the tent. Everyone has an agenda, even you.

12. BTW, anyone who doesn't think there's a massive audience for a movie bashing the US health-care system, and the greedy vultures at the insurance companies, and the bungling nitwits (hello, Hillary!) who created and sustain HMOs, needs to get out more.

Draft saved Draft deleted