1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Kay rips Mike and the Mad Dog

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jun 4, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, I only caught the tail end of this, but I had to share this thing of beauty.

A caller to the Michael Kay show brought up something Mike Francesca said about the host (no idea what), sending Kay into a rant about his drive time rivals.

He repeatedly referred to Francesca as, "a pimple on my backside"

He also said, "If I have to start taking journalism lessons from Mike Francesca, I need to get another job."

He went on to argue that Mike and the Mad Dog had no real sources with the Yankees and that a large number of people in the business hate their guts. And in reference to the W-FAN show's higher rankings, he said. "I'd like a 15-year head start. We are a better show."

Not sure if I would call this professional, but I tuned in a few minutes in and laughed through what I heard of the rant.

Anybody else hear this?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

When did this occur? I didn't think Michael Kay's show started until about 4PM.

3. Who's Mike Francesca?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What's W-FAN?

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A radio station in NYC. WFAN.com

[​IMG]

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Interesting story, I guess, but not of a lot of interest to those outside the hearing area of New York.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I didn't hear that, but it is interesting how both sides play the relationship.

Mike and the Dog love to critique the announcers, especially on baseball games. Dog seems to give both praise and criticism to Kay, while Mike will never say a good word about him. I haven't listened to Kay in a while (their new website doesn't work well on my computer), but he normally steers clear of talking about them. However, every now and then, he'll get pissed at them and do a pretty funny Mike imitation.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wow...a Michael Kay/Mike Francesa feud.... two blowhard assholes

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Michael Kay may be a blowhard (if you don't personally like him), but he isn't an asshole.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That went flying overhead.....

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sory Ragu. I know Michael Kay and he is a pompous asshole.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

spnited speaks the truth, per usual. there is no dog to pull for in francesa vs. kay. :eek: :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted