1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Kay calls Mike Francesa a liar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Nov 6, 2014.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Too borrow from what I just heard Dan Patrick say -- who cares?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of NY sports teams and I listen to Francesa regularly, so count me among those who are interested in this silly little spat. I don't personally care about the Lauren Hill thread, so I just didn't bother to read it or post on it.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Boomer and Carton going after Francesa pretty good this a.m. for getting used by A Rod. But as said previously you never know if it's real or not since they are on same station.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Seconded.

5. bigpern23

I caught just a little of that this morning on my way to work, but it sounded like Carton understood that sometimes hosts curry favor with an athlete to gain access. From the little bit I heard, he seemed to be on Francesa's side. Sounds like I'm wrong.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Congratlations to Michael Kay, That's all I have to say on the subject.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Francesa is about as unlikeable as a person can get.

8. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Don't agree that Francesa did a good interview. He lobbed in softballs and did no follow up, did not press, and didn't challenge anything Alex said. I believe he embarrassed himself in that interview. Then dug the hole much, much deeper with his ridiculous defense of Rodriguez afterwards.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If a bear shits in the woods and no one's there to smell it, does it really stink?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

no. But Kay and Nina were at the top,of their games when Fatso and Kay were last relevant

11. bigpern23

As I said, I thought Francesa did his job. I think with 20-minutes of prep time, Francesa asked most, if not all, the questions he needed to ask. I'm curious what questions you felt he left on the table?

MF: Did you do any of the things they accused you of doing?
    AR: No, nothing.
    MF: So you're guilty, in your mind, of nothing?
    AR: I feel like I should be there Opening Day.
    MF: OK, let's get this on the record - You say you did not do these PEDs they accused you of doing?
    AR: You are correct, Mike.

Then later …
    MF: You're saying on the record, you did nothing wrong? You're telling the audience now, all your fans here, you did not do what they're accusing of you doing?
    AR: That's correct, Mike.

I mean, how many ways did you want him to ask A-Rod?

12. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

So simply asking someone "did you do this?" is considered a good interview? That is making an effort to uncover the truth?

How about following up with some facts that would make Alex uncomfortable? The reason is that Francesa didn't know those facts of the case.

Hey Nixon, did you break into O'Brien's office. No? OK we're done, I asked the question.

Ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted