1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Jordan and Larry Bird aren't walking through that door...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hell, it should be automatic loss of the right to walk around in public without a leash around your neck. :eek: :eek:

I might watch a HORSE (or GEICO, or WHORE) tournament if it came on TV when I was channel-surfing, but pay 10 cents cash or get up out of my La-Z-Boy to watch it? NFW.

::) ::)

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Forget what I said earlier about this being something NBA-related that I'd actually watch.

Commissioner Stern ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh sweet Tebow.

Kevin Durant, O.J. Mayo, and Joe Johnson are your HORSE GEICO competitors.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-02-10-horse-game_N.htm

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved playing GEICO out front of my house as a kid, almost as much as practicing my ATT Long Distance 3-point shot. Really bad play on GEICO's part, but I guess the NBA didn't want any more players caught with HO's at the All-Star Game.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

At next year's All-Star Game — Around the World: Presented by US Air.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The league is doing everything within its power to ruin a good idea. I doubt you'll be seeing much in the way of Maravich-esque trick shots from that trio. Players like Chris Paul and Nash would've put on a far better show.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bom-chicka-bow-wow.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nash not in it is a sin.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

As someone who watched the 3D broadcast of the BCS game, doing All-Star Saturday Night is a WAY better idea. The best 3D shots were low-angle, close-to-the-field. You can't get a lot of that during a live football game. With an exhibition event like the All-Star competitions, not to mention the fact they'll be in a much more confined area, I think this will come off much better.

By the way, are we sure they are showing the H-O-R-S-E game on TV? It's being done during the day outside, and I see no mention of it on the list of events for All-Star Saturday Night on the NBA's All-Star Game page.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I see this as just a PR ploy by the NBA.

"Hey! Look at these players who play in shit markets, but we want you to buy their jersey!"

"We don't want them to lose street cred by pairing them with a Nash or an old man like Reggie Miller who would probably destory them before the Gecko even had a chance to speak."

Draft saved Draft deleted