1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Jackson's "This Is It!" Tour Sells Out - Controversy Looms

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I agree to an extent, PC.

Has-been? Nope, not when his next album stands a decent chance of debuting at No. 1.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Of course they were bussed. You think any of those people could focus long enough to pass a driver's test?

My point was they weren't paid. They brought their crazy signs. They had special t-shirts. They were singing Michael Jackson songs. They wanted to be there.

Maybe some of them were only there because they had nothing better to do and they were serving lunch on the Jackson Crazy Bus. But most of them were there because they're fans.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

His last album was considered a giant failure and that was 8 years ago. I'll be very surprised if there is a next album.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog talking to the MJ supporters

http://www.snotr.com/video/182

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how old is Michael's boyfriend?"

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

His last album debuted at No. 1, went double platinum and sold 10 million copies.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

admit it, bitches, hannah montana outdraws this piece of dogshit hands down.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's 10 million worldwide by an artist who used to move that many copies of an album in this country alone ... and that was eight years ago.

Done. Finished. Over.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Checkmate.

10 million album sales of a shitty album shows just how much of an amazing following he has. There wasn't a single song from Thriller, Bad or Dangerous on that latest album, and he still sold 10 million copies (3 million in the U.S.)

Imagine him performing at a concert where all of his great hits will be performed. If 3 million will buy that piece of shit he put out in 2001, they'll buy a concert ticket to see him perform his classics.

You proved my point--it didn't sell like it used to, but it sold pretty good compared to other musicians. Which means he still has a huge following.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Dude, your argument is from the Twilight Zone. His last album was 8 years ago and was a huge artistic and commercial disappointment, and to you that's proof he's huge in the US in 2009. This is getting silly.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

PC, a bad Michael Jackson album is like a boom to many artists. And as far as as his popularity, the fact that he's a hot topic on this board is proof that he still can create a buzz.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

PC, no one's claiming he's "huge" in the U.S. in 2009 or that he's a "trendsetter" (I don't even remember who threw that shit against the wall). The point: A last-time concert featuring Michael Jackson singing his biggest hits would sell out. Easily.

Nothing to do with how huge new music from him would be, or anything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted