1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Jackson's "This Is It!" Tour Sells Out - Controversy Looms

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

"This is It?" Is he touring with Kenny Loggins?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

PLAY NOBODY'S FOOL!!!!!

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's all right. Nobody worry about him.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Saw him on the Victory Tour at Dodger Stadium in '84. Entertaining stuff.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oh yeah. he's bad.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's Mr. Jefferson!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Garth Brooks emerged from the shadows and sold out 8 shows in Kansas City in about an hour (smaller arena, I know). I can't imagine Michael Jackson not doing significantly better.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The problem with MJ is he's a fucking loon among loons. I'll bet you you'd actually get looks from people if you told them you were going to see him.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's like if Mike were to do a Mini-Wheats commercial: "The kid in me likes the frosted side! The adult in me likes the kid in me!"

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What if you're already getting the looks?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ha. And ho-ha. Michael Jackson is so far over the shark that he's hit the ramp, rolled down to the ground and out of the fucking arena already. Done. Finished. Over.

And Kansas City (9 shows, not 8 ) is practically Garth's back yard, but that doesn't explain selling out 5 nights at the Staples Center (not his back yard) a few months later. Of course, he doesn't have all that hideous baggage, he's the best-selling solo artist of all time in the U.S. (second only to The Beatles, per the RIAA) ... and didn't blow all his money on stupid shit.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I respect Garth. I like Garth. Garth has had an amazing career.

But I also understand the enormous following that MJ continues to have. He was at his second trial for child molestation, the most hideous crime short of stabbing a baby, and he had 1,000 fans outside of the courtroom cheering for him every single day.

MJ's touring in the United States has been so rare after the Bad tour, thousands of Americans would love to see him live. Would pay whatever they had to to see him live.

MJ could outsell Garth in a heartbeat.

Draft saved Draft deleted