1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Jackson 'spent $35 million to silence at least two dozen boys he abused'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Man boinking boys was big news in the fall of 2011.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

What? Dollars weren't good enough for him?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jacko probably had gold bars stacked up in closets.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francis. It was just a joke. As in no one can be surprised by this.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is this new information? I thought I'd seen some past stories about Jackson payoffs of this nature, although those might've been more in the nature of unconfirmed rumors.

Either way, I'm certainly not surprised. Jackson was otherworldly talented, but he also apparently was a freakishly maladjusted pedophile with a bottomless bank account--combine those elements and common sense suggests the likelihood of some hush money payoffs in his past.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

The man is dead. Next.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No, not "next," no matter how badly you want to protect his legacy. The man was a serial pedophile who has ruined countless lives.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Tony, it's not protecting his legacy. My point is there is nothing you or anyone else can do to him. He's gone. I'm sure more stuff is going to come out about MJ. I hate hearing stuff about him or what he is alleged to have done to anyone, but he's not here to defend himself. If he were, I might feel differently.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I'm with Drip on this one. I'm not really interested; I already knew he was a pedophile. If it comes out he killed a guy, get back to me.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Just because an abusive pedophile dies doesn't mean it's all over. The victims live with it the rest of their lives and that doesn't go away because the pedophile dies or the kid's parents took hush money. Maybe it means something to the victims if the whole truth comes out and it becomes harder and harder for sycophants and fan boys to deny it or write it off. Maybe the more details that come out the more likely it is parents think harder about who they leave their kids alone with.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

And that's fine. I'm talking about my lack of personal interest.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Which is also fine, you don't have to be personally invested in every story. I just don't agree with the idea of telling people to drop it because somebody is dead (and was talented).

Draft saved Draft deleted