1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael J. Fox on Letterman

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Apr 3, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was tough to watch and inspiring all at the same time. To see him so obviously struggling with the Parkinson's, yet to have the ability to find gallows humor in his situation, is amazing.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Damnit, I missed it. Like I said on the Fox thread the other day, all the respect in the world for a celebrity to be so open and honest and not try to hide behind some Hollywood image.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He looked good physically, but it was hard to understand him at times. But it was a great interview, and his jokes were very cool.

The ovation for him was very very very cool.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

an inspiration to us all, he is. truly spectacular.

about six years ago, i had the pleasure of introducing myself to michael at a n.j. nets playoff game. he and his assistant were sitting behind a basket and i limped over with my cane at halftime to say "hey" and tell him how much i appreciated how he lived his life. he invited me to sit and talk when i explained to him my own battle with m.s., which was really starting to pick up steam at that point.

we talked about our wives and kids, about how they were our heroes.... he, like me, was doing a lot better then. seeing him tonight was both sad and inspiring to me a well.

an amazing man he is, indeed.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

My mother had Oprah on the other day and Michael J. Fox was on doing an interview. He looked to be in good shape minus some of the obvious symptoms of Parkinson's. I didn't hear him talk, but it seemed like he was doing well.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

God, Parkinson's is such a terrible disease. Like BYH said, it's inspiring just to see that he's trying to find some semblance of humor in his life despite his situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted