1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Irvin's induction speech

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's the blindness of the you people, BYH. If a person has erred, he's not worthy. Your words. Not what the Bible says.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Thanks again Buck-o, for proving my point.

You people won't run it because of your bias. Pure and simple.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's not worthy of mentioning because anyone who thinks he lives his life in a God-fearing, religious manner is smoking some of Mike's personal stash.

You, of course, can't see that, because you're convinced the mainstream media has told America religion is bad...the same America that has elected George W. Bush twice.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Can I have the lion?

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If you can't figure out who "you types" are, then I won't waste my time explaining it.

Maybe you weren't in Canton. But was your delete button active on the Irvin copy?

And given the chance, you would have written with your bias.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The same America that will elect a Tom Tancredo before they'll elect a Che Clinton.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

America won't elect a female president because too much of Middle America is scared by a woman in power and instead wants her to stay in the kitchen and birth them babies and cook that food and do what the man tells her to do.

Sound familiar, yawn?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They won't elect a woman like Hillary Clinton.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sorry, I got that. You can have the giraffe. Longer neck means a few extra bites.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I've managed to avoid you for quite some time now, but Yawn, you have a real point here, and you guarantee that nobody will hear it by following it up with all of this garbage.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Unlike the rest of his life and his career.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yawn, how would you feel if he'd said this instead?

"The Koran speaks of a healing place," Irvin told the hushed stadium, where even the other Hall of Famers stopped their needling to listen. "It's called the threshing floor. It's where you take your greatest fear and pray for help from your great Allah.

"When I am on that threshing floor, I pray, I say, 'Allah, I have my struggles, and I made some bad decisions, but whatever you do, whatever you do, don't let me mess this up' I say, 'Please, help me raise them, for some young lady, so they can be a better husband than I. Help me raise them for their kids, so they can be a better father than I.' And I tell you guys to always do the right thing, so you can be a better role model than daddy."

or

"The Pentateuch speaks of a healing place," Irvin told the hushed stadium, where even the other Hall of Famers stopped their needling to listen. "It's called the threshing floor. It's where you take your greatest fear and pray for help from your great Yahweh.

"When I am on that threshing floor, I pray, I say, 'Yahweh, I have my struggles, and I made some bad decisions, but whatever you do, whatever you do, don't let me mess this up' I say, 'Please, help me raise them, for some young lady, so they can be a better husband than I. Help me raise them for their kids, so they can be a better father than I.' And I tell you guys to always do the right thing, so you can be a better role model than daddy."

or

"The Bhagavad Gita speaks of a healing place," Irvin told the hushed stadium, where even the other Hall of Famers stopped their needling to listen. "It's called the threshing floor. It's where you take your greatest fear and pray for help from your great Vishnu.

"When I am on that threshing floor, I pray, I say, 'Vishnu, I have my struggles, and I made some bad decisions, but whatever you do, whatever you do, don't let me mess this up' I say, 'Please, help me raise them, for some young lady, so they can be a better husband than I. Help me raise them for their kids, so they can be a better father than I.' And I tell you guys to always do the right thing, so you can be a better role model than daddy."

Draft saved Draft deleted