1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Irvin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportswriter not a junky, Jan 31, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I call bullshit on your bullshit, D3. Reed was in a prolific offense, and benefitted from that. Reed wasn't anywhere near the player Irvin was, particularly in the clutch. Reed was A-Rod to Irvin's Jeter. Which is why Reed has zero, I repeat ZERO, Super Bowls, and Irvin has 3. Irvin led that team, as Aikman and Emmitt will gladly tell you. Reed led no one, nowhere. Kelly led that offense, followed by Thomas.

I agree on Monk, and King has publicly said he will vote for Monk this year. Now will azzhat Miller follow suit and do the right thing? That's the question.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Like hell. You think Redskins fans have anything on the fans of "America's Team?" Give me a break, and like I said, King has said he will vote for Monk this year.

It's not, and that's why Miller and the other f*ckfaces who went along with him are totally unprofessional for taking this into consideration. IT"S NOT IN THE RULES, D*CKHEADS! That's why he should be ousted immediately from the HOF. It's been said that Irvin dissenters in years past have brought up off-field stuff. IRRELEVANT. This is the sh*t that drives me insane; how can those guys still have their vote?

Oh, yeah, and the MLB HOF and off-field issues. See Ty Cobb, et. al. They're all gentleman in there. Ha.

3. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Irvin is definitely a hall of famer, but so is Monk. That's the travesty, him not being. But Irving should be there, too. Guy won Super Bowls and was in the top three in his position for most of his career.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are we really cursing each other out over the Pro Football HOF? The Pro Football HOF? It's only slightly more relevant than the Hockey HOF. Ooohhh, put in AT LEAST four guys each year! Yeah, that's some process.

Give me the baseball HOF, every day of the week and four times on Super Bowl Sunday.

5. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Me, too. But the baseball HOF has some problems as well. I know we did this already in a different thread, but friggin' Jay Buhner got votes this year. Ugh.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Unless you're related to a potential inductee, what difference does it really make who is in a Hall of Fame? Does that take away from (or add to) someone's memory? I always enjoyed watching Marquis Grissom play, but because he's not in the Hall of Fame I'm supposed to like him less?

7. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

No, of course not. But when you visit Cooperstown, do you want to see a bust of Marquis Grissom near Mickey Mantle's?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

DO NOT BELITTLE MARQUIS GRISSOM!!!!!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Were you watching that game B-Dub? Or were you busy finishing your SABR 4 Kids research project? :D :D :D

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I was watching, and I was ecstatic.

(And in fact, I wasn't yet a member of SABR. I was 13. :p)

11. They also never got caught smoking crack with hookers in a hotel room.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Correct. See the HOF bylines on the relevancy of off-the-field issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted