1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Irvin, your time is up...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Feb 17, 2007.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Buffalo is quite offended that you made such an outrageous claim.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've never been to Buffalo but I spent several days in Philly a couple of summers ago. Quite possibly the largest group of unattractive people I've ever seen in one place.

I always thought having First Union's name attached to the arena there was naming righs perfection. Does any other city deserve to have teams playing in a building known as the FU Center more than Philly?

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

You must not have been in Philly lately since it's been the Wachovia Center for the last three years. And I'm not sure which part of Philly you were in, but it couldn't have been South Street. Unless you don't like hot chicks that is.

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

This was tight.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There are plenty of hot chicks in greater Philadelphia. As is usually the case, follow the money.

It might not be the ugliest, but Jackson, Miss., is the fattest city I've ever been in.

6. Speaking from experience, the South has a lot of fat cities ... the poorer they are the fatter they are, which seems crazy but those $1 double cheeseburgers really stick to the thighs ...

I've lived in a couple of Southern towns and/or small cities where I could go all day without seeing a hot chick ...

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

According to Men's Fitness magazine, Chicago is now America's fattest city.

THE TOP 10 FATTEST CITIES:
    2006's 10 Fattest Cities are (with their 2005 ranking in parenthesis):
    1. Chicago (5)
    2. Las Vegas (9)
    3. Los Angeles (21 fittest)
    4. Dallas (6)
    5. Houston (1)
    6. Memphis, Tenn. (4)
    7. Long Beach, Calif. (20)
    8. El Paso, Texas (11)
    9. Kansas City, Mo. (18)
    10. Mesa, Ariz. (15)

THE TOP 10 FITTEST CITIES
    2006's 10 Fittest Cities (with their 2005 ranking in parenthesis):
    1. Baltimore (25 fattest)
    2. Honolulu (2)
    3. Virginia Beach, Va. (12)
    4. Tucson, Ariz. [8]
    5. Milwaukee (15) -- yeah, my ass
    6. Colorado Springs, Colo. (3)
    7. San Francisco (4)
    8. Seattle (1)
    9. Louisville-Jefferson, Ky. (not ranked)
    10. Boston (11)

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yep, and as long as you're good with Boomer, you're good with ESPN NFL. Eff effing Ber-bitch.

Berman knew that now that Irvin's 'tenured' (HOF), he'd be even more likely to say whatever he wanted instead of being the good company guy. Berman is the Hogan or HHH of ESPN NFL - if you start getting more 'heat' than him, you're in trouble, politically, and you gots to go. Irvin is Kurt Angle to Berman's HHH. The pro wrestling fans will know what I'm talking about. I can't wait until Berman is gone from ESPN; it can't happen soon enough. As the Brits would say, he's gobshite.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Let me add that I have some good friends -- yes, I do have friends -- who are Philly fans and grew up there and still work there. They are sane, but then again, they are educated.

10. I love Philadelphia! The last time I was there (on South St), I pulled hot girls from 19-35 every SINGLE day. Proveaby hot, demonstrably hot.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That line NEVER gets old :D

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i find no coincidence in the fact that of the 10 fattest cities, eight of the towns are known for either outfuckingstanding bbq or mexican ... or both.

Draft saved Draft deleted