1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Irvin, your time is up...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Feb 17, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This just in: Apparently ESPN has seen the light. From the Dallas Morning News...

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/021807cpirvinespn.3095fe1.html

Registration's free if you wanna sign up, but if not here's the scoop: Irvin's fired.

Fire away.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

He was better talking trash on Joes vs. Pros than he ever was spewing nonsense about his so-called field of expertise.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Still not as great as when he career ended thanks to the wonderful turf at the Vet. I was there and I was booing like everyone else!

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Classy.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

this paves the way for parcells to espn, yes? ???

6. I wish I had been there Melock.

It's cool that we don't have to listen to him stick up for T.O. anymore but otherwise I actually didn't mind watching and hating him Sunday mornings ...

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It was a great WB. I heard when they were loading him into the ambulance in the tunnel fans were pooring $6.50 beer on him. That's how much Philly hates Michael Irvin. Classy is right!

8. Eagles fans are truly special. ;D

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It takes a special kind of stupid to make me post something sympathetic about Michael Irvin.

So take a bow Philly fans! Dump another $6.50 beer on yourselves!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

These are the same people that threw snowballs at Santa Claus and whipped batteries at players. Twenty-four years and counting without a professional championship for those scumbag fans.

11. The batteries were the Giants fans. Don't forget Browns fans threw snowballs.

Lighten up fellas.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

In 1999, fans jeered Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin as he lay on the field for 20 minutes, suffering from a neck injury that ended his career.
    •That same year, fans threw D batteries at St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew, who held out for a year after the Phillies drafted him and eventually signed with the Cards instead.
    •Matthew Scott, the only person in the United States to have received a hand transplant, was asked by the Phillies to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the team's home opener in 1999. The pitch, from his transplanted hand, dribbled over the plate. The fans booed.
    •Eagles fans famously blasted Santa Claus with a shower of snowballs at halftime of a game as St. Nick circled helplessly around the field before stadium officials rescued him.

Draft saved Draft deleted