1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Curry's suits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chiefwiggum, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yikes, I won't/can't/don't want to argue with 98% of your post, but everyone always forgets one thing:

The Pistons won the 2004 championship for one reason: The Lakers melted down/self-destructed because of the infantile egotistical refusal of Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal to bury the hatchet and play together for five more games.

The Pistons simply happened to be the lucky team standing across the court when that whole situation went down in flames. Any reasonably-good playoff-level team would have beaten the Lakers after that.

All of a sudden, Dumars and Brown were anointed as geniuses, and the Wallace "Bros." lionized as these fiery competitors, the "quintessential winners." We've seen what Ben Wallace has won since he left the Pistons, and every one of the Pistons' playoff flameouts since 2005 have had one central component: a meltdown/mental collapse of Rasheed Wallace at crucial moments.

When you acquire Larry Brown or Rasheed Wallace, you know exactly how it's going to end. The only question is how long it takes, and how much of a fiasco it's going to be when it finally does end.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wait, there's an NBA suits column and it doesn't involve this man?

[​IMG]

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Mason is horrible. Just awful.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

How can you say AI is a loser?

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can agree with the Shaq/Kobe point, but the Pistons really played above themselves in that series and throughout the playoffs under Larry Brown. I will give him a lot of credit for those two seasons. I simply don't think Carlysle could have won it or made it to two straight title games. Although, I wish Carlysle was the coach right now. He knows what he's doing he's a major reason that team is where it is today.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

LOL!!!

I was just on the TPF Sportswebsite this morning who was cracking on his wears in their college basketball rankings.

http://www.talkingpointfreesports.com/article.aspx?s=6000&su=14000&a=101300&t=The_College_Hardwood_Top_10_Review%3a_Week_14

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

For real…..you’re an NBA head coach and you wear that soul-ass Michael Irvin collection? I shouldn’t be able see your exact suit and tie combo on the clearance rack at Marshall’s.

Draft saved Draft deleted