1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

michael crabtree combine news

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Feb 21, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Sad, indeed. If anyone watches tape of Crabtree and can't see that he can play at a high level in the NFL, they shouldn't be running an NFL team.
    But wouldn't he be better off not running than having the injury slow him down even the slightest bit?

I stand corrected. He's a moran. ::)

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I'm not 100 percent sold on Crabtree. Despite the success of Wes Welker, I'm hesitant to laud the virtues of a guy who played in Leach's gun-slinging offense.

Yes, he's good. But I wonder if he'll ever be great.

And if you are picking him in the Top 10, he needs to be great.

Maclin on the other hand...

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Harvin's the best athlete of all the receivers, and probably the best athlete in the draft. But I question if a guy who couldn't stay healthy in college can keep from getting beaten up in the pros.

As for Crabtree, his stock likely won't drop much if he runs a good 40 at his pro day. But most teams are gonna be wary of making a big investment in a receiver coming off foot surgery. Doesn't matter how good his hands are or how tall he is, if he's hobbled even the slightest, he won't live up to the hype.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah.

Who the hell wants to be the next David Terrell? :D

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

Read the link Shockey posted. Crabtree says he isn't going to have surgery, that he's played with the stress fracture with no pain for a year and will continue to do so. "I can play with it the rest of my life," he said.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The doctors he saw must suck then.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Stress fracture in the foot is a major deal.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I could see Seattle trading down from No. 4 to get Crabtree at a lower spot. The team that could use him the most is Dallas, but Jerry blew that with the Roy Williams trade.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't Rice play is a wild west passing offence as well in college?

If I was a GM with a #4 overall pick, those screws would make me think twice or three times.

I would feel a lot better about using a #25 on him.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Receivers going in the top 10 was rare until recently. Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald were worth it, and Calvin Johnson will be worth it, but most are not. You can get a Pro Bowl level receiver at the end of the first or second rounds. Boldin was a second-rounder, Greg Jennings was a second rounder. Unless a guy is a can't miss like Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson, you don't think about using a top 10 pick on them.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Take this from a Mizzou fan: If you think Maclin is a better receiver than Crabtree, you need to have your head examined.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Maclin will be a better big-play receiver than Crabtree, but I see Crabtree as more of a first option. I will say that Maclin had the crap beat out of him last year and made it through decently, so I have no issue with his toughness. Not so sure Crabtree took quite as much of a pounding.

Draft saved Draft deleted