1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Connelly's "The Scarecrow"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bristol Insider, May 28, 2009.

1. Although it's a mystery, Connelly's latest features the slow death of newspapers and the L.A. Times as a backdrop ... It's a tremendous read and those of us in the business will recognize the newsroom scenes since they're playing out around the country.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Just saw a review of this, and it sounds very interesting. I've read several books by Connelly, and I'll be picking this one up soon.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It is on the way from B&N.com, along with Feinstein's new book about Rocco.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know, I hear this Connelly guy has done pretty well since we worked on the same newspaper staff a number of years ago.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Scarecrow, BTW, uses the same reporter character from his "The Poet," which I've read and re-read about 25 times. So, yeah, I'll be checking it out.

And, then, there's this, which proves Connelly isn't so far removed from the newsroom that he can't scrounge up some Zell hatred.
    http://www.niemanlab.org/2009/05/what-comes-after-a-newsroom-layoff-is-a-mystery/

Draft saved Draft deleted