1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miami

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Willie-Butch, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Spending three days in South Beach this weekend. I've been there before, but I was hoping to unearth a few hidden gems via this board.

Anyone have any favorite eateries, bars, anything?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Paging mgoblue.....

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nexxt Cafe

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

There's a great pizza place that's open late down near 2nd & Washington. And there's a great diner, also on Washington, whose name escapes me, but it's one of those classic, silver diner looking places.

A must stop is News Cafe, just to say you were there. And you'll be surprised to see Giovanni Versace's place just plopped right in the middle of everything.

Have fun.

5. boots

boots New Member

79th and 27th ave. You'll get everything you want, and more.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I'm a big fan of Wet Willie's myself. I figure I'll put away a few Call A Cab's on Saturday night. I think there's a Johnny Rockets pretty close to our hotel as well. That may be the place you were thinking about bagelchick.

We were thinking about taking in a Marlins game Sunday afternoon, but we'll probably ditch it since it'll be 154 degrees.

7. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

I went to South Beach once. It was dark, and some homeless woman asked if I had a cigarette. I jokingly said 'Nope, but i've got some weed.'

Don't fuck with homeless people.

And I saw Versace's place. There were lit candles along the steps.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The European looking hotel (Van Dyke??) on Miami Beach's Lincoln Road mall had a yummy salad when I went.

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I'm a big fan of Lincoln Road mall, especially the Beer Garden. Over 200 beers, all $2.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Where the chainsaw scene from Scarface was shot, I believe.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Best Cuban food I've ever had was La Rosa, a little hole in the wall near the corner of 7th and LeJune, near the Airport Marriott (go past the Marriott on your left, make a left on 7th, and it's right there on the left). The Hatuey beer is as cold as possible without being a popsicle.

Draft saved Draft deleted