1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miami Hurricanes Leaving the Orange Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I saw one game there. Miami-VT in 2001. Vick didn't play due to injury. It was the day ESPN did the morning GameDay show there and the evening show in Tallahassee before the first Bowden Bowl.

I talked to some ESPN people at the OB before kickoff and they said it was the ugliest crowd they had ever had at a GameDay live shot to that point. Just a mean group of people.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The Orange Bowl was an embarrassing dump of a stadium for a premier program like Miami (though the Canes' extreme lack of attendance is even more embarrassing).

When I covered a game there, I kept thinking that it was entirely possible for the pressbox to collapse onto the ground.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ahh yes, 2002 game when Pitt was ranked and Miami was undefeated. On fourth and goal, with Pitt trailing, Wlat calls a pass play...to the best WR in college football? Nope. To 5-foot-7 Yogi Roth. Good job, dipshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted