1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miami-Florida State question/Lobby whitlock on his AP ballot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Sep 4, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Miami-Florida State question

That's ridiculous. The Cardinals have a couple of backup running backs who will do a lot better than just OK in place of Bush; they also have Brian Brohm, who's one of the best college QBs in the country. Louisville will be just fine. A ... what was it? 12 spot drop? ... is seriously out of place and serves only to make one Jason Whitlock look like a complete idiot.

Rutgers should be up, Boise State down and maybe even out.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Four problems I see:
    1. No Cal? One loss to a top 10 team and they're just gone?

2. West Virginia is No. 1? Seriously? Save yourself some time and just rank WVa No. 10 now. It'll keep you from having to move them later when they lose a game they're not supposed to.

3. A 12-spot drop for Louisville? Wouldn't it be worthwhile to at least watch them play a game or so without Bush to see how they're gonna do?

4. Alabama at No. 14? They beat Hawaii by 8. Hawaii. By. 8. At. Home. And the mighty Warriors had a shot at the end zone to end the game.

3. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Gotta jump in with the others on this one JW...Bama has NO business being that high in the poll. I say Louisville also deserves a week or so to see where they'll fall in without Bush. And I'm sitting here right now trying to tell a pole voter that Tennessee doesn't YET deserve to be a Top 15 team on the heels of one win over a highly overrated Cal team. That said. Cal dropped too far.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

This week won't be a great indicator for Louisville. They're playing Temple.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Re: Miami-Florida State question/Lobby whitlock on his AP poll

For what it's worth, WVU should not be No. 1 right now.

You know they are not the best team in the country. I think you also probably know they're going to run the table with that silly schedule. So five, six weeks from now, when you see the warts on the Mounts, how are you ever going to be able to justify knocking them off that perch?

I think you have the right idea; they're going to LOOK like at least a top-3 team by December, considering who they're playing. But your timing is not good.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Jason, I think you must have made a mistake. I didn't see Ball State at No. 25. I swore they would be there after last week. :D

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Bama should not be ranked. That defense is absolutely horrible.

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I shouldn't have hit the quote button, but. ...

I'd be curious to know where you had Tennessee before Saturday. Using your logic, Cal is so bad that one loss drops them out. ... But the team that beat this shitty ass team moves to No. 8?

Ohio State at 5? I fucking hate Ohio State, but they are much better than No. 5. I think you'll see that Saturday.

This is a) egotistical antagonists shouldn't have a vote to satisfy said ego and b) there shouldn't be a vote until much later in the year.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Are you saying 15 teams looked better than Tennessee this weekend?

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Whitlock knows Notre Dame is a fraud.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I know I'm late to the party, but JW giving Louisville a 12-spot drop just because of the Bush injury? Damn son.

No doubt Bush is a big piece of that offense (see: the Derby City Duo), but look what the other backs did after he was injured. With that performance there is no way in hell Louisville drops that far. And this is coming from someone who hates Louisville with every fiber in his body.

12. bush is the equivalent of adrian peterson, the two best backs in college football this year... i think his departure gives louisville no shot at west virginia.....

Draft saved Draft deleted