1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miami Dolphins beat, Sun Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tim Stephens, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Tim Stephens

Tim Stephens Member

The Sun Sentinel, a South Florida-based media company, is looking to fill a position for senior sports reporter to cover the Miami Dolphins. Reporter also will assist with backup work on pro and college beats as needed.

Responsibilities:
    Reporter will cover all facets of Dolphins operations, write breaking news, features, and enterprise stories on a wide range of topics; shoot and edit video; contribute to a blog, create and manage content for the web.

Qualifications:
    We're looking for a versatile, talented and experienced reporter who knows how to juggle multiple assignments and can conceive and execute good ideas on deadline. Experience covering a major beat in a competitive environment is preferred. Strong digital skills are expected, including the ability to shoot, edit and appear on video and to assist in management of NFL content on our website.

Send cover letter, writing samples and examples of your best digital work to:

Tim Stephens
    Florida Sports Topics Manager
    South Florida Sun Sentinel
    200 E. Las Olas Blvd.
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Or e-mail to sunsentinelsportseditor@gmail.com. No phone calls please.

2. Pickle Juice to the white courtesy phone

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Stole my line exactly!

I would apply, but Tim has enough of my resumes already to use as wallpaper.

rb

4. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

A classic "maybe I can apply for the position vacated by the guy they eventually hire" gig.

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

She (or he?) might have moved on after making it big in the world of cutlery sales.

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Was this the paper that other dude got a prep job at and then left before taking it to go to Green Bay ?

7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Yep

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Great big boy job. Best of luck to all that apply.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Tyler Dunne, we meet again.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In my opinion, this is the most competitive non-New York City beat in the country.

You do well on this beat at any of the three papers and you'll be at ESPN, SI or one of the national websites within 2-3 years.

The list of guys who have done time on this beat is amazing.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

South Florida is tons of fun as well. Lots to there. Great bars, restaurants, etc.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

With all due respect, I have no idea how it's even possible to say the Bears beat and Cowboys beat aren't more competitive. Your Florida bias is showing.

Draft saved Draft deleted