1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mexico's Civil War

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 19, 2008.

1. Grimace

Grimace Guest

His qualifications?

He's mad as hell and he's not going to take it anymore!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's CNN's token Angry White Guy. All the good news channels have one.

3. Ratings, old timer.
    What makes an NYU dropout like Sean Hannity, or an unemployable layabout like the former Jeff Christie, an authority on the Issues Of The Day?
    Ratings.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Lou Dobbs, in an apparent effort to politicize this, made the strange connection of Richardson's claims about the border with a murder in Mexico City. I know the porous border is definitely a contributing factor, but it's almost like Dobbs is making the claim that because Richardson thinks everything's OK, he's in turn somehow more responsible for the Mexico City murders.

Uhm, I'm thinking the fact that marijuana is still illegal is probably more a contributing factor than Richardson, Lou.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sucks to see Mexico slip into fail just as the country had evolved, sort of, into being more than a one-party state. I'm expecting the narcos' influence in the PRI, PAN and PRD to increase.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought most pot in the US was either locally grown or Canadian.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have this quaint notion that people on air should be qualified in some way to know what they're talking about. I have NO future as a TV exec.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Being qualified is itself a disqualification. Nobody wants to hear that shit.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I wouldn't know anything about that. Why, did you hear something? Not that I care. Are you some kind of narc? Just kidding, man.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Please speak directly into the microphone ... I mean clearly, please speak clearly.

11. Another career option down the drain.

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

I am so sick, completely sick, of officials of the American government, administrators of the failed drug war, and people like Lou Dobbs blaming our country's drug problems on (fill in the name of a country). Mexico, afghanistan, Colombia, Turkey, whatever may be providing the supply, but we are providing the demand. Will the US State Department put out a travel advisory about parts of Los Angeles or Philadelphia?

The article on newsmax is a piece of garbage - no facts and simply regurgitating other people's opinions and more legitimate news reporting. This story has not been ignored in border towns and it has not been ignored in Mexico.

You can make a very good argument that Mexico has suffered more than the US because of the drug problem and trafficing.

Draft saved Draft deleted