1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mexico's Civil War

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 19, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, but it's the only up-to-date source I could find, and it puts the basic root facts together well.

This is trouble.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/drug_mexico_cartel/2008/05/11/95167.html

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

This has been coming to a head for a while.
    Problem is, whichever side emerges will be too strong for any governmental agency to handle.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought trailer parks in Indiana were the primary source of meth in this country.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/mexico_road_failed_state

Trouble, indeed.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Strange... Everything seemed fine when I went to Cancun a couple months back... :D

6. writing irish

Cancun is about as far from the US border as one can get in Mexico.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Unless you're in Chiapas.

8. writing irish

I encourage vacationers who usually go to Cancun to go to Chiapas. That'd mix things up a bit for everyone.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Isn't that just geographical common sense?

They produce the drugs in South American and it has to go north to the US. What's the country just south of the US? Mexico.

Where else are the drugs supposed to come from? Somehow, shipping the drugs from Colombia and Peru up to Vancouver and then south doesn't make much sense.

10. Is there a one-trickier pony than Lou Dobbs?
    All of his beloved keep-the-brown-people-out solutions won't make a dent in the drug trafficking. Apples and andirons.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

"Well, these drug wars that are raging along our border with Mexico have a direct and devastating impact on young people in this country. More of our teenagers use marijuana than all other illegal drugs combined. The vast majority of that marijuana, as I said, comes across our open border with Mexico."
    ---

Ah, Lou Dobbs -- wrong again.
    Old news, right?
    Far more teenagers use alcohol than marijuana, and alcohol is illegal for them.
    Once Dobbs gets wind of this, he will come out against all bars, beer distribtors, convenience stores and liquor stores. Except the ones that employ only native-born Americans.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What ever gave Lou Dobbs the pulpit on immigration anyway? As far as I can tell, his resume consists of reading off stock quotes on CNN for 20 years before they gave him a forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted