1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mexico Invades U.S. (again)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 9, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So much for 8-8-08 being lucky. The world is falling apart, leading politicians zippers can't stay up and oh yeah, this....some interesting front page choices to make for Saturday. I'm glad our Prez is having fun in China. Maybe that fence wouldn't be such a bad idea.

From the Arizona Republic:
    Four Mexican army soldiers entered southern Arizona and pointed their rifles at a U.S. Border Patrol agent early this week, the Border Patrol said.

The incident Sunday was the Mexican military's 43rd incursion across the U.S. border since October, the agency said. However, it was unusual because firearms were involved. The Border Patrol and the Mexican government are investigating, Border Patrol spokesman Mike Scioli said.

Details remain sketchy, but the incident occurred at 2 a.m. on the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation about 50 miles southeast of Ajo. The incident took place just north of the border in sight of the new border fence.

The soldiers held their weapons on the agent for several minutes until he identified himself in Spanish, whereupon they lowered their guns and walked back across a gap in the fence, Scioli said.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, hell, fix the gap in the damn fence.

Problem solved.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Sounds like a secure border to me.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm pretty sure I used to gamble at a place near that reservation. Shitty odds.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Providing cover for a drug smuggling run, no doubt.

The Mexican Army is crookeder than Lombard Street.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The days when people aim guns at U.S. Security Officers is the day security needs to be tightened up a notch.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Haven't wars been started for less than this?

8. Samson

Samson Guest

Just the other day, in fact.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't drive up speculation and increase the price we have to pay for Tacos. That would made me sad.

10. Grimace

Grimace Guest

That would make the kid in your avatar sad, too. Assuming that's not you.

Anyway, I for one welcome our new Mexican overlords.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

In a related story, Lou Dobbs has priapism.

Draft saved Draft deleted