1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Metsblog.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't a pissed "mutha," more a wow "mutha."
    Not sure how I feel. I'm OK with losing Schneider though I wasn't pushing for it (Bowden and I talk a lot, don't you know?). I like Church.
    Lots of that ol' upside to Milledge and he wouldn't be the first player to mature. Or the first shithead to make an all-star team.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

But for every good play Milledge makes, there are ton of "Holy fuck, what the fuck does that fucking guy think he doing?" plays. If he gets straightened out, then maybe Minaya has egg on his face.

But Church and Schneider are good clubhouse guys, and they're respectable in the field and at the dish. As a Mets fan, I'd rather have those two guys than one shithead that seems to be universally disliked by the players in the organization.

3. Moderator1

Don't be too sure about Church. Nats started openly questioning his toughness. He ran into the wall in Pittsburgh in '05 and was out a way long time. He handled the Pena trade and reduced role well but before that had a rep as a bit of a whiner.
    Schneider is a very good clubhouse guy, good handler of young pitchers, basically worthless at bat.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Angelswin.com reports. Ken Rosenthal follows.

Who would of guessed it?

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Schneider's defensive skills are underrated, I believe - aside from the aforementioned handling of young P's.

6. Moderator1

My buddy over at dcbb.blogspot.com (quality blog with, yes, lots of links) loves this deal. He's been raving about it during an e-mail exchange. Says Milledge is better than Church NOW and six years younger. He's never been a Schneider fan. Thinks LoDuca may end up in D.C. Hell, he and Milledge and troll for women together.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Lo Duca was one of those Mets vets who had little or no use for Milledge's antics.

8. Moderator1

Hell, he was cutting into his action!

Maybe the Nats think Flores is ready. I'm not so sure. I know he's The Truth and all that but not in '08.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe make a trade with the O's for Ramon Hernandez?

Draft saved Draft deleted