1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mets suicide watch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So where's MVP David Wright's heroics lately?

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Not to sound like an apologist, but the dude can't pitch, too.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

This is not Wright, Reyes or Willies fault, its the horrible pitching that has killed this team. There is one man who should step up and take responsibility for this clubs lack of pitching and his initials are O.M but of course Willie will be hammered per the unwritten rules of blaming a coach.

4. boots

boots New Member

The Mets mirror the Phillies. They can hit. They don't have pitching. Right now, the Phillies are getting the pitching to get them over the hump.

5. indiansnetwork

They are nothing a like. The Mets don't have a bullpen and seems to not have a killer instinct. The Phillies have grit and don't back down and play like newbies. Name one pitcher on the Mets that could do what Cole Hamels did tonight.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Boots, the difference between the Mets and Phils is that Philly has grit and the Mets give up when they fall behind.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Xan, I love you like a brother, but come the fuck on...

Wright over the past month:

38/106 21R 7HR 19RBI 5SB .358AVG 1.095OPS

He can't hit that, manage the club and pitch three innings of relief every night.

8. boots

boots New Member

Indian. I was at CBP. I saw what Cole did up close and personal. He rose to the occasion.
    There are two games left. Nothing is over until its over. This is the NLeast we're talking about.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So, if I'm understanding you, you're claiming to have been at tonight's game, in person?

10. boots

boots New Member

What part of my post did you not understand?

11. indiansnetwork

I guarantee that the Mets are done.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just trying to be perfectly clear. Were you at tonight's game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.